ARTIST OF MONTH - Alistair Taylor-Young
3 years ago
I don’t remember buying any specific first photography book, however my first unconscious absorption in printed images was my father's photograph albums. It made a strong impression.
- what is your favourite colour?
Navy blue, the dark inky kind of blue.
- who are your photographic influences?
I like to be influenced by specific images rather than the full body of work or specific photographers. However I've always found Irving Penn was way ahead of his time. He had such a strong opinion stemming from his creativity.
- if you could buy any photograph which would it be?
I would buy any image from Alexey Brodovitch’s Ballet series.
- your favourite holiday destination?
It’s not where. It’s going to always going to be with who.
- if there is one living person you could photograph who would it be?
It would be the person I miss the most at that particular time.
- what is your guilty pleasure?
- what is your favourite city?
It changes over time. I loved living in NYC but now I’m re-appreciating being in Paris.
- which charities do you support?