ARTIST OF MONTH - Mary McCartney
2 months ago
Portrait, Mary McCartney
- what was the first photography book you bought?
Henri Lartigue's ‘Riviera', but the first I remember seeing was 'Linda’s Pictures' (LInda McCartney)
- what is your favourite colour?
- who are your photographic influences?
Impossible question. Ralph Gibson, he has been a mentor to me over the years. Diane Arbus, Garry Winogrand, Linda McCartney, Irving Penn, Lee Miller, Berenice Abbott, Wolfgang Tillmans.
- what is your favourite museum?
That's a tough one! If I have to choose, then the Victoria & Albert Museum, it is vast and full of inspiration. I am told it has seven miles worth of galleries: it has it all photography, sculpture, paintings, stained glass, fashion, the list goes on and on and on. The best of the best.
- if you could buy any photograph which would it be?
I’d answer this question differently every time depending on my mood. Today I’d go for an Edward Weston 'Nude on Sand’.
- your favourite holiday destination?
I am most inspired right now by the lush British Countryside, nature is just THE BEST!
- if there is one living person you could photograph who would it be?
Sir David Attenborough, because he is authentically brilliant and completely individual.
- what is your guilty pleasure?
- what is your favourite city?
My hometown, London. The parks, the architecture, the art, the people. Adventure around every corner.
- which charities do you support?
Meat Free Monday, because its good for the animals, your health and the planet.